Friday, February 12, 2010

I can't get no satisfaction. (by Hannah)

...at least as long as I have children and a military man. And since they don't seem to be going anywhere, I have resigned myself to a life of unfulfilled aspirations and lack of simple conveniences. Take for example last night.
My military man left for a weekend with the boys- to the land of free drugs, legal prostitution, and a beer factory. So while he's in Amsterdam window shopping for the Dutch version of "Pretty Woman", I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to run 16 miles with two children.
So last night I had to drag them to the gym that has the child's play area so that i could run 6 of those miles. I was only supposed to run 4, but had to make up for the 2 miles we cut out of our run wed. night because someone, i'm not saying who, had to go potty. all i'm saying is that it wasn't pee-pee panties
I think that gym is cursed because lately every time I go I've had a bad experience. This time, because I'm completely maxed for time, I forgot to bring a sports bra and a hair tie. Now, if you are a guy you're thinking, "what's the big deal?" If you are a girl, you're thinking, "she's screwed." The sports bra thing wouldn't have been such a problem if i had been wearing another bra, but only had on a cami top. so I was forced to wear that horridly tight thing underneath my long sleeve workout shirt that I was dumb enough to also bring.
Then after that drama, I realize i have no hair tie. This kinda pushed me over the edge that I am perpetually walking. I had been up since 4 that morning. It was 6 in the evening. I'd been at work all day. had not been home yet, had come straight from the babysitters. the dog had not been let out. the weather was terrible. I had no idea what I was going to fix for supper, and my husband was on VACATION!! So i threw a little fit. I almost walked out of the gym and across the street to the pizza buffet. But i didn't. instead i ran for 54 minutes drenched in my own sweat, my hair flying in my face. Maybe my satisfaction comes in my defiance and my willingness to suffer because I actually enjoyed my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment